Sunday, March 20, 2016

Programming - Daisy Dinosaur






Cargo-Bot is an introduction to programming. Even though it was in the last section, it fits here, too. The film is my program to move boxes.
Daisy the Dinosaur 


Daisy the Dinosaur is easy and fun.  You just drag the actions to the grey screen. Daisy will perform them in order. It took a bit of doing to get things to repeat, but I finally understood where to drag the actions.

I want my students to learn to be logical or if not, at least orderly and organized. I teach my Digital Media students to create web sites with HTML code. One mistake and it doesn't work. It teaches them to be precise or at least careful with their language.  When they make a mistake in writing a paper, I can usually figure out what they mean. When they do the same in HTML, they don't get what they expected. It is a good lesson.

When I was in library school, we learned to catalog books.  That requires precision. If you misspell something, the user may never find the resource her or she needs.

I would like to learn programming.  I have tried Objective C on my own. I got a program to run, but I need more help. Maybe these little programs will head me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment