Friday, March 18, 2016

Easy Bib

EasyBib Emailed my citations to me.
My first search.

A Works Cited Page in MLA












This app should be called Exasperating Bib. I tried and tried to get it to work, but could not. I scanned the backs of books and I put in book titles in the search box and got no results.

In frustration, I went to EasyBib online. There, I was able to put in book titles and get my citations. I don't know if I was doing it wrong or what, but I would not recommend this app.

An app I would recommend for this is Citation Machine. You have to put in the information,but it is more precise.  I couldn't find the edition of several books I tried. With Citation Machine, I just put in what I haveand it works.

My students write research papers, and they need to learn how to cite in MLA style. Citation Machine makes it easy. When I was in school, we had to use a book and look up the right format. Now it does it for you and in a variety of styles.  It is a blessing while EasyBib nearly, but not quite, got me cursing.


No comments:

Post a Comment