Thursday, March 17, 2016

Mind Mapping - Popplet

Popplet was new to me. I had used a feature of PowerPoint that is something like this, but Poppet is a lot easier to use.  It just takes a few taps or clicks to get cells to fill. They take photos, which makes them more visually appealing. It is easy to put text in, too. I experimented with color. That makes distinctions between the cells.

I can see using this for a family tree in history.  I might use it as a timeline, though today I was introduced to an app called Timeline that looks promising. My freshmen are introduced to writing essays in the fall. The first steps are planning. Brainstorming is one way, but webbing is another. This app could be used that way.  

This could be used to plan web sites. When I teach Digital Media, I have my students create web sites using HTML.  They need to plan first. This app would give them a good visual representation of the sites they want to build.


My Popplet on William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment