Saturday, March 5, 2016

#3 Guided Access Mode

Guided Access turned on.

Guided Access puts limits on iPad use.  I first heard about it at a workshop, but I haven't used it. This unit reminded me that it could be an important tool in my classroom.

I could use Guided Access when my students take tests on Moodle. I let them use notes on their tests, but not their books. Some of the things we read are on the Internet and they could help them cheat. This prevents that.

Guided Access could be used to have students only use the resources I want them to use. Sometimes they go beyond the works we read and find information on the Internet to add to their papers.  That isn't what I want. I want them to focus on the works alone.

Guided Access can be used with younger students to keep them Internet safe. For older students, that is a problem, but not in the same way. They tend to find entertainment sites that provide online games. You can't block them all, but if I can limit them to apps like Pages during class, it would keep them from playing so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment