Wednesday, March 9, 2016

#2 Post Creative Expresson - ChatterPix


I used ChatterPix to creative a video related to my unit on the novel Close to Shore.  I tried using a picture of a shark, but the "mouth" didn't match its real mouth and it didn't work well. I chose the water, because it doesn't have a mouth to confuse things.  My message was an introduction of sorts to the unit.  It was to get them intrigued and ready to read.

I like the idea of being able to use your own picture to animate.  It isn't as smooth as the avatars you are given in other programs, but they don't often fit what I want to say. With its faults, this is more fun. I get to control things more.

 A talking face could be used to tell a story.  With 30 seconds, there isn't much story to tell, so I wonder if I could make it a group project where several students take their 30 seconds and put them together.  A talking face could ask a question. My students could respond to it. It is more interesting than a written prompt.  I have already used a talking object, but my students could use one to discuss point of view.  Now does your car feel about your making it go on sub-zero mornings might be a way to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment