Saturday, March 5, 2016

#2 Text to Speech

Voice over turned on.

Text to speech is something I have used with my students. I have had students with accommodations who have trouble reading. They understand better when we read aloud.
Three uses I can see for text to speech with my students are: to have web pages read when they do research, read articles that have been downloaded, and read their own work to check their fluency.

I have my English 9 students write a research paper in conjunction with their biology class.  They find information on hereditary conditions.  Some of the language is quite technical. Hearing the words pronounced might help  I have my students do a reading notebook. That involves reading on their own. Having the pieces read aloud would help my reluctant readers.  Finally, my students struggle with writing. When they read their own work aloud, they catch their mistakes. This could encourage them to listen to their work and make corrections.

t
Voice over in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment