Thursday, February 11, 2016

Photo Editing Artifact

     I try to use technology when I teach English. It breaks up the reading and writing and gives students new ways to communicate.  My ninth graders and I are reading Romeo and Juliet.  I gave my students an assignment that unites old and new.  The premise is "What is on Romeo or Juliet's iPhone?"




  I have my students "create" apps by naming them an drawing their icons, they take or find photos that Romeo or Juliet might have taken, they write texts between the two, make calendar entries, and make playlists of songs they would like.  I have them take screen shots of the calendar, take photos of the icons they draw, and take the photos the characters might have.They then put this all in a Keynote and add explanatory text.


I intensified the color of these oranges and cropped them.
This screen shot shows an iOS game that asks players to match same color blocks to delete them.
This is the screen shot cropped to show the


 3-D look of the blocks.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment