Friday, February 26, 2016

Classroom Tools



Here is the class story in situ.

The screen shot above is the class story example. 

The above class report shows how the students are doing as a whole.

The  individual student report below shows how 
this student is doing overall, but gives specific details 
on behavior.



At first glance, ClassDojo looks like an app for elementary and middle school teachers. I am not so sure it would be appropriate for seniors in high school, except for the online students I monitor.

I  have to give a weekly report on the online students I supervise.  I am not their teacher, but I am in the computer lab with them to assist them and to help them to be accountable. This would be a way to keep their parents informed.  I do send them email each week that shows their grades, but it doesn't show their engagement at school.  This would give parents more information.

ClassDojo might work with my sophomores.  This age level still appreciates the little kid in all of us.  I have given participation points before. This would be an easy way to keep track of them.

I was skeptical at first that ClassDojo was worth my effort as a high school teacher. I have changed my mind.  It is worth a second look.  I expect some of the other teachers at school might feel the same way.


I

No comments:

Post a Comment